Sunday, December 18, 2011

Blog Entry # 5

"Tally tried to answer, but something horrible rose up in her throat, choking off her words. Then she notices the quiet around them and realize that shay had been yelling. The other Crims looked  on in puzzlement, only the hiss of the fire filling the silence. Pretties didn't fight. they hardly ever argued, and they certainly never shouted at one another in the middle of a party. That sort of obnoxious behavior was stickily for uglies" (146)

The society uses technology to create the ideal society by completely changing people. The way they look, act, and even thing. They suppress any negative memory about the surgery and make them live a life that is a lie. How can no one notice this? Almost having no memory of what happened before the surgery, that seems a little sketchy to me... I hate the thought of going into surgery just to change everything about myself including how I think. I realize how much power they have over you after that. That's why Tally could not recollect anything from the past and was acting totally different. I wonder if she will leave Shane once when she becomes herself again or will she stay with him because of how pretty he is. I hope she doesn't become shallow because of temptations though I think her and Shane have a much deeper relationship. I also think technology plays to much into peoples relationships and that's why its better if everyone is in the wilderness away from technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment