Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blog entry 2 The Specials

"Making a claw with her right hand, Tally dug her fingernails into the flesh of her left arm. the delicate nerves woven into her skin screamed, a torrent of pain piling through her, overloading her brain. But the special moment struck, icy clarity replacing panic and confused. She drew in the cold air in gasps..... Of course. David and the girl had ditched their own hover-boards. they had to have left them close by."(42)

Oh my goodness! Thats horrible, well I guess its not but still I would not want to cut myself in order to just be able to think clear? Well I understand why they would do that because when you get a cut your body releases natural endorphins which can help clear your mind in some way because your not thinking about emotion and then the pain is calmed. Though I think they are abusing thier bodies, which is an issue of a dystopian society with biotechnology influence. You can not treat your body like its something you have complete control of, they are just abusing the natural laws of biology. It kind of freaks me out to think about the way they live thier lives. Its not healthy to have all those scars on you, its not the way to live your life even though for some odd reason they think this is okay. I think this is the dystopian part of it because even the people trying to escape the true horrible parts of society they are still living in it because they think this is okay and a good way to live your life but its not. In order to think clear you have to cut yourself, is no way to live your life. Do they not have any other way? I guess they need this in order to have thier advanced powers.. Though I do not get with all their technology how they can not make it so they think clear all the time and on demand. Well maybe its because we are all human and of course we have emotions so sometimes we can not think crystal clear, but why do they want to live thier life almost as robots? I guess to them its better than living as a pretty but it is still not a good way to live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment